An extension of the recently announced Unified Integration Platform, Talend Cloud is designed for organizations looking to manage their data integration processes, whether on-premise, in the cloud, via software as a service (SaaS) or for hybrid environments. [Disclosure: Talend is a sponsor of BriefingsDirect podcasts.]
Talend is not providing its own public cloud offering at this time, but is making Talend Cloud available now to enable other cloud and enterprise hybrid users to mange data via a community-enhanced portfolio of data and services connectors.
For organizations with hybrid IT environments – that combine on-premise, private cloud, public cloud and SaaS – application and data integrations are difficult, yet critical to leveraging these multi-sourced models. Concerns surrounding latency, bandwidth, permissions and security are causing new forms of integration and data management challenges.
Talend Cloud provides flexible and secure integration of on-premise systems, cloud-based systems, and SaaS applications, said Talend. It also provides a common environment for users to manage the lifecycle of integration processes including a graphical development environment, a deployment mechanism and runtime environment for operations and a monitoring console for management – all built on top of a shared metadata repository.
It strikes me that these services are directly applicable to business intelligence and master data management for analytics, as the data can be cleansed, accessed and crunched in clouds, even as it originates from multiple locations. Hybrid data cloud analytics can be very powerful, the Talend is helping to jump-start this value.
“Although cloud has become ubiquitous in today’s IT deployments, many organizations are still trying to determine how to function in hybrid environments,” said Bertrand Diard, co-founder and CEO of Talend, in a release. “Using Talend Cloud, customers can address these issues within a single platform that addresses a broad range of integration needs and technologies, ranging from data-oriented services to data quality and master data management, via a unified environment and a flexible deployment model.”
The new platform provides deployment flexibility for Talend’s solutions and technologies within the Unified Integration Platform, including data integration, data quality, master data management and enterprise service bus. All components can be installed transparently in the cloud, on premise, or in hybrid mode. Key features include:
- The ability to expand and contract deployments as required
- Support for standard systems and protocols
- An open-source model that makes resources accessible by various of platforms and devices
- Modular architecture that allows organizations to add, modify or remove functionality as requirements change over time
- The ability to maintain security and reliability of integration, allowing organizations to meet customer service-level agreements (SLAs)
Talend Cloud provides automated deployment on such popular cloud platforms such as Amazon EC2, Cloud.com and Eucalyptus. Also included is the addition of new connectors offering native connectivity to a broad range of key cloud technologies and applications as well as the most popular SaaS applications.
New connectors continue to be added on a regular basis, either by the open source community or by Talend’s R&D organization. The Talend Exchange provides the latest connectors which can be downloaded and installed directly within the Talend Studio, at no per-connector cost.
Talend Cloud is available immediately. More information is available at http://www.talend.com/products-talend-cloud/.
You may also be interested in:
- Talend delivers converged platform for better data services integration across multiple applications
- HP takes plunge on dual cloud bursting: public and-or private apps support comes of age
- HP at Discover releases converged infrastructure products and services aimed at helping IT migrate rapidly to the future
- MuleSoft takes full-service integration to the cloud with iON iPaaS ESB platform